A few days ago I experienced a Marma treatment by Jesus Caballero of Ananda, hosted at Corpo Yoga Studio. The treatment began with Jesus touching various points on my head, then ears, face, chest, and lower body.
In order not to spoil the experience for anyone who might wish to experience Marma, I will not describe the sensations that occurred during the treatment, nor what happened precisely afterwards, as I am sure that everyone's experience will be unique.
Here are 10 main insights from my Marma experience:
1. This experience was unlike any other I ever had before.
2. Our bodies are very powerful, if we would just slow down, keep still and listen.
3. Our bodies want to communicate with us.
4. Our bodies want to be treated well, with kindness, respect, softness, joy, love and surrender.
5. When we fight our bodies and/or ignore our bodies, we cannot "hear our bodies".
6. In the days following Marma, I have continued to experience "after effects" that are quite revealing, surprising, enjoyable and informative.
7. I have found that this gentle touch of "touchpoints" can even be conducted on ourselves by ourselves, for example at bedtime. It is very relaxing to touch certain parts of our head, face, chest, and see how relaxing, rewarding, informative it is. I am not saying that the same results will occur as in a Marma treatment by an Ayurvedic Consultant.
8. We can get to know, love and respect our bodies.
9. We can give our bodies the well-deserved rest and relaxation that it needs and craves, at the end of a long day.
Sign up for our upcoming Yummy Arts Yoga Retreats! to enjoy yoga, arts & delicious food, exploring country after country, with a bunch of great new friends!
Peace and light,
Founder, Yummy Arts Yoga Retreats!
#yoga #retreat #ayurveda #arts #music #meditation #cuisine #travel #leisure