Photo credit: Retreat Pray Love
Over the recent Memorial Day holiday weekend I attended Marc Holzman's "Where Ayurveda & Yoga Meet". A two-day workshop at AIRYOGA in Zurich, Switzerland.
It was awesome.
Marc's yoga and Ayurveda workshop was the perfect one to deepen my yoga and Ayurveda practices right at the point at which I found myself just before the workshop.
In other words, I was ready to receive Marc's teachings and apply them in my daily practices.
Marc seemed to find the right words to capture the expression of the instruction in the right context so that his teaching resonated fully.
Marc's approach to teaching the class, of 30+ students, was so friendly, personal and presented in a way that made it easy to understand the connection between yoga and Ayurveda.
The explanation of the six daily time cycles made sense in terms of our natural biological clock rhythms at different times of the day.
This understanding has prompted me to adjust my regular yoga practice on some level, to align more with our natural biological clock patterns.
It all made so much sense and it built upon my prior Ayurveda experiences (consultation, workshop and Marma treatment).
What I liked most about the two-day workshop:
1. The focus on how yoga and Ayurveda allow us to live our dharma, our life's purpose.
2. The explanation of how breath and food are connected to the energy needed for our body functionality.
3. The partner exercises that allowed so much bonding and laughing among the students.
4. The hands-on approach that Marc had in adjusting us throughout the poses.
5. The full flow of asanas, chants, prana, meditation, and savasana.
Thanks Marc, fellow students, and AIRYOGA!
Sign up for our upcoming Yummy Arts Yoga Retreats! to enjoy yoga, arts & delicious food, exploring country after country, with a bunch of great new friends!
Peace and light,
Founder, Yummy Arts Yoga Retreats!
#yoga #retreat #ayurveda #arts #music #jazz #meditation #cuisine #travel #leisure